Thursday, May 26, 2011

The news from the PET Scan

The good news today is that the PET Scan I had Tuesday was negative for cancer anywhere else in my body. I am very relieved about that. I guess that tailbone pain I have had for months is arthritis where I broke my tailbone ice skating 5-6 years ago:) I will be having the port insertion surgery next Tuesday. The following Monday, June 6 will be my first chemo treatment. It was supposed to be June 9, but the doctor will be out of town then, so it is moved up a few days. The following chemo days will be on Thursdays, with the second one being June 30. I found out I am a little anemic, so I have to take iron.

My wig came in the mail today. I haven't had time to open the box yet. In fact, I just remembered about it! We got the mail when we got home from the doctor and from buying some seeds and plants, had supper, and headed out to plant the garden. We got that done and have been on the phone, email, Skype, and Facebook, so I haven't had any time to open the box!

Very very thankful to be able to give this good report! Earlier today, I considered how I should respond if the news was not good, and I decided that God would still be good no matter what happened. I want my response to always be good and to bring glory to Him.

Thank you for keeping us all in your prayers,
Janet Albertson

No comments: