|Carrot Souffle... after the Sunday dinner crowd got to it!|
* 8 or 9 carrots, peeled and chopped
* 1/4 c. each of brown and white sugar
* 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
* 1/2 tsp. cinnamon (wow, I forgot to add that on Saturday, and people still enjoyed it!)
* 1/2 c. margarine, softened (1 stick)
> 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
> 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
> 3 eggs, beaten
Directions1. Peel and chop carrots, then boil until very tender; (using as little water as possible because of the nutrition being lost in the water). Drain if necessary.
2. Put carrots in mixer (or bowl, if using a hand mixer), and add all the other "*" ingredients, mixing for a few minutes.
3. Add all ">" ingredients, mixing, just before you bake it. (For me, when I do the time consuming stuff on Saturday night, I then add the ">" ingredients on Sunday morning.)
4. Transfer to a 2 quart baking dish, and bake 1 hour in preheated oven (350 degrees F).
5. Serve to your happy family or guests!