Sunday, March 9, 2014

Quilt for Charissa

 This is the quilt top that I made for Charissa recently.  This was the first time for me to use a kit to make a quilt, but I did add on to it, and change the blocks' orientation from the pattern instructions, just to make it more butterfly-ish.  Look for the yellow and green butterflies which share the pinks.  When it was done, it was too yellow, so I added some pink to bring it back to pink enough for Charissa.
The quilt has been quilted, and picked up by my mother and daddy.  It is waiting for a trip out to Colorado, so I can get it finished by binding the edges.  Today, Charissa got to see it when she went over to Great-grandma and grandpa Scoles's house for Sunday dinner.  Her daddy sent me this picture, entitled 
"I wike it, Grandma!"

No comments: