Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Janet's 52nd birthday, August 24

 The night before my birthday, we bought two boxes of tomatoes at the Farmers' Market.  With Rowen helping, we made about 4 gallons of tomato juice that evening.
 Just beyond me, the roaster oven pan with tomato juice in it.  I had never used it for making catsup before, but it worked great.  I also ended up with that spaghetti pan full of it too.
 Rowen had never been here when we used the Squeezo-Strainer, so he enjoyed getting to man that!
 This is the yummy cheesecake that Beth had her co-worker make for me.  It was really yummy, with or without strawberries! Joy also made me a different kind of cheesecake and brought it up for Sunday.  I love cheesecake, so I was doubly blessed!
 This is on my actual birthday, after canning 36 pints of catsup!  I processed them all in the oven instead of water bathing.  It took half as long because we could do 15 at a time and didn't add all the steamy moisture to the kitchen.
 Also on my birthday, we were invited to a wiener roast at the Browns' land.  It was a beautiful evening to be outside and enjoy being with our dear friends.
 You can see from this picture what a nice view of the mountains they have from their land.
 There was a partial rainbow to remind us that God keeps His promises, every one of them!
 My sweet friend, Dr. Cara.
 Lincoln, so big now; he was only one year old when we started babysitting him!
 Hope, playing catch with her sister.
 Faith, ready to catch the ball.
 The scene from a distance
 Emily and Hope shooting the BB guns  at some cans set up for targets.
 Reloading
 
 Feeding our faces...
 Faith's 13th birthday was August 18.  Emily drew a picture of her and gave it to her in a zebra frame.  She loves all things zebra.
 There was candy corn in the package too!
 We had s'mores for dessert.
 This candle played the birthday song!
 Those s'mores had the Jumbo size marshmallows in them!
The fire after it got dark
I had a very blessed birthday!  God is good to me!





No comments: